The safety of plastic packaging is one of the main issues that must be actively included in the development of industries that work with these materials. This incorporation must be carried out from various points of view.
On the one hand, safety must be taken into account from the perspective of the packaging manufacturer and on the other, from the point of view of the producers of the packaged substances. However, the most important thing is that these perspectives must always converge in the guarantee of safe use by the end-consumer.
Questions to consider about safety in plastic packaging
Taking care of safety in plastic containers implies taking into account three aspects of them:
- Material. You have to consider the most appropriate options depending on the content that the container will support. It is also important to address the issues that are currently on the table, which are currently demanding more and more attention such as the quality of the materials, the possibility of recycling, the ability of the material to come into contact with food without affecting its composition, etc.
- Manufacturing. The production processes must be validated to guarantee their repeatability and thus, ensure the quality of the product obtained. Also, a correct evaluation of the risk associated with each phase of the process will guarantee the safety of the final product.
- Use by the user. Specific regulations are established according to the type of container and its content. These regulations contemplate issues such as limitations to filling, the variety of sizes, or the way of storage.
Safety concerns related to the packaging of consumer food, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic products are growing.
To respond to this concern, various regulations arise. These are action protocols that are included in a legal framework. For the most part, these regulations are increasingly being done at a community level.
For this reason, although Spain also carries out its own regulatory development, the transposition of community directives into national legislation must also be carried out.
Within the Regulatory Framework that is applied to plastic containers, the following stand out:
– Regulation (CE) 10/2011. on plastic materials intended to come into contact with food. It includes the substances authorized for the manufacture of containers that will contain food and the limits of migration (possible transfer of substances between container and content). It also refers to authorized substances (such as some types of additives).
- Regulation 2023/2006 on good manufacturing practices. It establishes the characteristics of the facilities where the containers are produced, as well as quality controls and which are the most suitable raw materials. There are several requirements that must be met in this area.
–Regulation 1935/2004. The regulations on the materials and objects intended to come into contact with food guarantee that all types of material, in addition to plastic, meet the same quality requirements.
– Directive 94/62 / EEC on packaging and packaging waste which establishes the recycling conditions for plastic and minimizes its environmental impact.
The safety of Triana’s plastic containers
At Industrias Plásticas Triana we are dedicated to the manufacture of plastic packaging. Safety is at the base of all our processes.
Our performance is guaranteed by the following certifications granted by competent bodies which work as a guarantee that our work is carried out following the necessary guidelines:
- ISO 13485 . For the manufacture of medical devices made of plastic material.
- ISO 9001. Set by the International Organization for Standardization, it specifies the requirements of quality management systems (Certified by IMQ).
- Health Registry of Plastic Industries and Products of Catalonia. RSIPAC #: 3904927 / CAT # RGSEAA 390334/B.
Facilities and Clean room
In our facilities in the industrial area of Barcelona, there is a White Room which has obtained the ISO 7 classification in the environmental validation carried out. This guarantees an exhaustive control of suspended particles, ensuring the absence of contamination of the manufactured products. This is an essential aspect for pharmaceutical packaging and medical devices.
The room has an air conditioning and air filtration system that guarantees a high rate of renewals, the removal of particles by ultrafiltration using high-efficiency filters (HEPA) and the generation of overpressure inside to avoid the entry of air from outside.
An exhaustive cleaning procedure is carried out for the facilities, which is verified by environmental and surface microbiological control.
For the correct development of manufacturing operations, all members of personnel are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices and strict entry and exit protocols are followed to minimize risks of product contamination.
The quality of our products, the satisfaction of our clients and the safety of the users are the motivation of our work. That is why we update our knowledge, processes, and materials every day. We are committed to continuous evolution and adaptation to new regulatory and social scenarios. Contact us. We will find the answer to your needs.
The shopping cart has changed a lot in recent years. Globalization has allowed us, for example, to h...
Health products are increasingly important in the area of health, in relation to their impact on t...
We all, in some way, have seen a Clean Room at the cinema, on television or in the press. They are t...